At ADC, we often receive calls from people experiencing problems with their automatic gates. They range from the gates having completely stopped functioning to intermittent faults and strange grinding noises. We respond to all emergency calls and will endeavour to resolve the problem as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, if your automatic gates are not serviced regularly, problems may arise.
Prevention is the best cure
It might sound cliched, but as in many areas of life, it’s better to keep your automatic gates in the best working order possible than to wait until something goes wrong before you look for a solution. If your automatic gates aren’t regularly serviced, they may suffer from:
- Grinding, scraping, or creaking noises
- Broken mechanical arms and brackets
- Malfunctioning opening
- Misalignment caused by physical damage
- Corroded moving parts
- Water ingress into motorised parts
- Bad electrical connections
- Weather damaged control panels
- Wiring defects and worn electrical components
What to do if your automatic gate stops working
At ADC, we fully recommend a comprehensive annual service for your automatic gates. If, however, your automatic gates fail, you should follow these four simple steps:
1. Check any electrical settings – switches, buttons, levers, knobs.
2. Look for any mechanical blockages – loose or misaligned cogs, debris build up.
3. Inspect the exterior condition – weather damage, scratches and dents from vehicles.
4. Listen for any unusual noises when attempting to activate – a whirring noise suggests a fault with the motor.
If you have followed these four steps and you can’t find anything to indicate a fault, it’s time to call the experts.
At ADC, we can offer you advice on the best ways to keep your automatic gates running as smoothly as possible. In case of emergency, we provide a 24/7 call out service to get you up and running as quickly as possible. If you’d like to find out more about our range of automated entrances, contact ADC today. Call us on 0800 0461 105 or send us a message online.